Energy rates can vary from day to day and even by hour. When consumer demand is low, you will see the best energy prices. This is typically when temperatures are mild. During the winter, energy use increases due to extra lighting and heating needs, causing higher rates and higher utility bills for homeowners.
So what can you do to keep your utility bill from skyrocketing when you use more electricity in the coming months? Don’t wait. Sign up for solar now. If you have been considering going solar, the more you procrastinate, the more money you are wasting because going solar doesn’t happen overnight.
Although actual installation typically only takes one day, due to utility paperwork, inspections, permits etc. it can take anywhere from 4-8 weeks from signing the contract for your system to go live. The process can be slowed down even more by the shorter days and inclement weather of winter. During the warm season consumer rush, slower permit turnarounds, utility approval delays and material back orders will sometimes hamper schedules as well.
So the longer you wait to make the switch to solar, the longer it will take for you to see savings of 20-100% on your electricity bills. And that’s money out of your pocket. That’s why the best time switch to clean, efficient solar power is right now.
Five Important Steps for Ensuring a Smooth Installation:
1) It all starts when you schedule an appointment to get a free cost benefit analysis. This is how you will learn more about payment options and incentives available in your area and the various grades and types of solar panels. Once we’ve provided you with a free solar power analysis and proposal you’re ready to move forward.
2) We’ll then send one of our certified technicians to your home to confirm the measurements and energy savings. Plus, we’ll submit all the paperwork for the appropriate permits to start your project. We then complete the solar tax credits and rebate paperwork to ensure that you’re getting all the financial support that is available to you.
3) Then we get started on the solar panel installation which is usually complete within one or two days depending on the size of your system. There are no subcontractors in our solar panel installation crews. They are our full-time employees, fully certified and have many years of experience in roofing and electric installation. This ensures you will have the best experience possible. We will be monitoring the whole process to make sure that it goes smoothly and update you regularly on the status of the project.
4) Once your system is installed, we set up the final inspection with the appropriate utility company and make sure you’re connected to the grid.
5) Your utility company flips the switch and you start saving on your electric bills immediately!
The best news for homeowners is you can pay $0 for solar panels and installation to lock in a lower rate than your utility offers with our RateGuardian™ PPA. (It’s typically 20-30% lower than what you pay now.)
Or you can purchase for $0 down to save 50-100% on energy costs and earn revenue from the excess power your system generates.
Purchase or PPA are both excellent options. So what are you waiting for? Now is the perfect time to prep your home for the plummeting temperatures and shorter days while getting all the benefits of your own personal power station before the end of the year.
Contact us today to receive a complimentary solar analysis before cold weather hits. You can’t afford not to!
By Sharon Derby, Director of Marketing, Solar Energy World