Our Maryland Solar Panel Installation Guide is here to help explain the ins and outs of adding solar panels to your home. Learn how to choose the right MD solar installer, and get educated on how the solar installation process works, how much it might cost, what local and federal incentives are available, and what purchase options there are.
How to Choose a Maryland Solar Installer
The best Maryland solar panel installers are the ones that remain transparent throughout the entire process and are committed to providing customers with financial independence for a better future. Solar Energy World prides itself on being one of the top-rated, award-winning installation companies in the region for both residential and commercial property owners. But, regardless of who you choose as your Maryland solar installer, there are a few steps that you’ll want to take to do your due diligence.
Use the menu below to get quick access to the information you’re looking for:
When looking for a Maryland solar installation company, the first thing to look for is experience. Solar Energy World has been installing residential and commercial solar panels for over 88 years. We serve areas throughout the entire state of Maryland, including, but not limited to the following counties: Anne Arundel, Baltimore, Caroline, Carroll, Cecil, Dorchester, Frederick, Harford, Howard, Kent, Montgomery, Prince George’s, Queen Anne’s, Saint Mary’s and Talbot county.
Solar Energy World stands apart from all other MD solar panel installers because:
- We’re not a discount retail chain. At Solar Energy World, we guarantee personalized customer service for everyone.
- We practice what we preach. We run our facility on our own system designed and installed by our own employees.
- Our customers love us. We’ll let you contact any customer at random for an unbiased, unprepared reference.
- We have incentive specialists to help with local tax credits & grants, to get you all the benefits you’re entitled to.
- We install the best panels. Only the highest quality & most efficient solar panels for guaranteed performance.
- We never send out subcontractors. Our installers are our employees, directly accountable to us.
- We provide 24/7 monitoring and diagnostics. We’ll install your system and ensure it will always operate optimally.
At Solar Energy World, we follow a six-step solar panel installation process to ensure a smooth and successful engagement. We start with a simple cost-benefit analysis and guide you through every part of the process — continuing to provide monitoring and support even after your solar panels are installed. But, don’t take our word for how simple the process is. Hear from other local Marylanders on their experience with Solar Energy World.
There are a variety of factors that will impact the total cost of your Maryland solar panel installation, but on average, MD homeowners spend between $12,000 and $17,000. To offset that cost, there are many credits, grants, and incentives to explore that can reduce the price substantially. Plus, a solar panel system typically pays for itself within 7 to 10 years.
There are a ton of different grants, tax credits, and programs available for Maryland residents. Here are just a few of the Maryland solar incentives available:
- Federal Investment Tax Credit (ITC)
- Maryland Residential Clean Energy Grant Program
- Maryland Commercial Clean Energy Grant Program
- Maryland Property Tax Exemption for Solar and Wind Energy Systems
- Maryland Sales and Use Tax Exemption for Residential Solar and Wind Electricity Sales
- Maryland Energy Storage Income Tax Credit – Tax Year 2020
- Solar Renewable Energy Certificates & Net Metering
- Property-Assessed Clean Energy (PACE) Financing
When paying for a Maryland solar panel installation, there are primarily two options to choose from; purchase with Cash/Credit/Traditional Financing or Lease through our RateGuardian™ PPA to pay $0.
Requesting an estimate is 100% FREE and takes less than 5 minutes. Fill out the form below or contact us!