D.C.: Cash In On Big Savings – And Go Solar!
Welcome to the Homeowner’s Guide to DC Solar Panel Installation! Here you will discover the important steps needed to help you find the best D.C. solar panel installer for your project.
Looking for a DC solar system for your home? Skip ahead to request a free estimate.
How to Search for a D.C. Solar Panel Installer
Whether you’re in downtown D.C. or in the suburbs, there are six universal steps you can take to make sure you’re partnering with the right D.C. solar panel installer.
- Search for a Trusted Local Solar Installation Company
- Hear from Local Customers on Their Experiences
- Choose the Right Company for Your Solar Panel Project
- Understand the D.C. Solar Panel Installation Process
- Take Advantage of D.C. Solar Incentives
- Select the Best Purchasing Option for You
1. How to Search for a Local D.C. Solar Company
When looking for a solar panel installation company, it’s important to stay local. Local D.C. solar installers are familiar with nuances in D.C. laws and can inform you on the best incentives available to you to take advantage of. D.C. is unique in that “local” can mean D.C., Maryland, or Virginia.
2. Hear from Local Customers about Their Solar Experiences
The best way to learn about what to expect with solar panel installation is to hear it from current customers. Below are some stories of residents local to the area and their experiences with Solar Energy World.
3. Choose the Right Company for Your D.C. Solar Panel Installation
If you partner with Solar Energy World for your D.C. solar panel installation project, you’ll rest easy knowing:
- We’re not a discount retail chain. You are guaranteed to get personalized customer service!
- We practice what we preach. Our facility runs on a solar panel system designed and installed by our own employees.
- We take care of all the paperwork ensuring that you get all the incentives and income-generating benefits you are entitled to.
- We install only the highest quality, highest-efficiency solar panels with guaranteed performance.
- We provide 24/7 monitoring and diagnostics once your system is up and running, ensuring it will always operate optimally.
- We’ll never send subtractors to your home or business. All of our solar panel installation
- Our customers truly love us! To prove it, we’ll let you randomly select anyone from our customer list to contact for an unbiased, unprepared reference.
4. Understand the D.C. Solar Panel Installation Process
When adding a D.C. solar system to your home, there are 6 Steps for Success to ensure a smooth installation process:
- Solar Panel Cost/Benefit Analysis
- Solar Panel Site Assessment
- Solar Rebates and Solar Incentives Review
- Solar Panel Installation
- Solar Panel System Inspection
- Continued Monitoring & Support
For more information, check out our guide on the cost of solar panels in D.C.
5. Take Advantage of D.C. Solar Panel Tax Credits and Incentives
Currently, there are two local D.C. solar tax credits available for residents to take advantage of.
- The D.C. Solar Energy System Personal Property Tax Credit exempts homeowners from paying 100% of any increases in property taxes.
- D.C. Solar Advantage Plus Program offers qualified individuals up to $10,000 to cover installation costs.
For more information on these programs and federal programs, visit our D.C. Solar Tax Credit and Incentives guide.
6. Choose the Best Purchasing Option for You
There are two primary ways to pay for a D.C. solar system for your home. They include purchasing with cash, credit, or traditional financing, or leasing through a Power Purchase Agreement.
D.C. homeowners who purchase their solar systems outright see an average of 50-100% savings on their monthly utility bill. We also offer $0 down financing options to homeowners who wish to own their system, based on creditworthiness. Purchasing a solar panel system in D.C. can also generate income; homeowners can sell their SRECs for hundreds of dollars a year.
Lease or choose our RateGuardian™ PPA to Pay $0
One of the most popular ways to acquire a residential solar panel system is to enter into a Power Purchase Agreement or Solar Lease. Pending credit approval, our PPAs and Leases enable D.C. homeowners to put down $0 in upfront costs for solar panels and installation. With our Solar PPA, residents pay nothing for solar panels and installations are able to lock in a lower rate than their utility which can lower their utility bill by up to 30%.